The 2013 Annual Victorian Garden Tour & Tea will be held on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2, between 1:00 – 5:00 pm.
Come to the “Square” and enjoy a Victorian afternoon visiting the gardens of Julia-Ann Square Historic District, Parkersburg, WV. Guests will also tour the first floors of some of the historic homes.
2013 is the 150th Birthday of West Virginia. To celebrate this milestone, current residents of the Historic District will portray some of the “Founding Fathers” of the State in front of the homes they owned. Such dignitaries as Governor Arthur I. Boreman, Governor W.E. Stephens, Senator Peter Van Winkle and the creator of the State Seal, Joseph H. Dis Debar will be greeting guests.
The self-guided Tour will take place on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday June 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
A “Tea on the Lawn” will be included. The cost is $15.00 (+$1 when buying tickets online.) Children age 10 and under are admitted free with an adult.
Tour tickets will be sold at the site of the Tea, 1203 Ann Street and at the Caswell-Smith House, 1024 Juliana Street on the two days of the event, as well as on this site. There will also be a plant sale.
For additional information call Judith Smith at 304-422-9861
2013 Houses and Gardens on the tour include:
- Boreman-Bragg House – Garden, Home & Courtyard Tour- 1201 Juliana Street
- Bekurs-Chaffin House – House Tour – 1035 Ann Street
- Van Winkle-Herceg House – Garden & House Tour – 112 13th Street
- McCandlish-Leonard House – Garden & House Tour – 1121 Ann Street
- Ball House - Garden & “Man Cave” Tour- 1204 Juliana Street
- Bishop Peterkin-Deklavon – Garden & Tea on the Lawn- 1203 Ann Street
- Burkett House – Garden – 1122 Ann Street
- Dis Debar Carriage House – Courtyard – Franklin Alley & 12th Street
- The Castle (Van Winkle-Wix House) – Garden & Plant Sale- 1209 Ann Street
All proceeds benefit Julia-Ann Square Historic District projects.
PURCHASE ADVANCE TICKETS
Photo Gallery from past Garden Tours & Teas:
(Click on photos to enlarge and view as slideshow.)