The 2014 Annual Spring Garden Tour & Tea will be held on Saturday, June 7 and Sunday, June 8, between 1:00 – 5:00 pm.
Come to the “Square” in June 2014 and enjoy a Victorian afternoon visiting the gardens of Julia-Ann Square Historic District, Parkersburg, WV.
Tickets will be available for purchase soon on this site, as well as on the day of the event.
In previous years, guests also toured the first floors of some of the historic homes, in addition to viewing the lovely gardens.
2013 was the 150th Birthday of West Virginia. To celebrate this milestone, current residents of the Historic District portrayed some of the “Founding Fathers” of the State in front of the homes they owned. Such dignitaries as Governor Arthur I. Boreman, Governor W.E. Stephens, Senator Peter Van Winkle and the creator of the State Seal, Joseph H. Dis Debar greeted guests.
The self-guided Tour took place on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday June 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
A “Tea on the Lawn” was included. The cost was $15.00 (+$1 when buying tickets online.) Children age 10 and under are admitted free with an adult.
Tour tickets were sold at the site of the Tea, 1203 Ann Street and at the Caswell-Smith House, 1024 Juliana Street on the two days of the event, as well as on this site.
For additional information call Judith Smith at 304-422-9861
2013 Houses and Gardens on the tour included:
- Boreman-Bragg House – Garden, Home & Courtyard Tour- 1201 Juliana Street
- Bekurs-Chaffin House – House Tour – 1035 Ann Street
- Van Winkle-Herceg House – Garden & House Tour – 112 13th Street
- McCandlish-Leonard House – Garden & House Tour – 1121 Ann Street
- Ball House - Garden & “Man Cave” Tour- 1204 Juliana Street
- Bishop Peterkin-Deklavon – Garden & Tea on the Lawn- 1203 Ann Street
- Burkett House – Garden – 1122 Ann Street
- Dis Debar Carriage House – Courtyard – Franklin Alley & 12th Street
- The Castle (Van Winkle-Wix House) – Garden & Plant Sale- 1209 Ann Street
All proceeds benefit Julia-Ann Square Historic District projects.
Photo Gallery from past Garden Tours & Teas:
(Click on photos to enlarge and view as slideshow.)